Candle Care Instructions
Candle Care Tips
- When you light your candle for the first time, always allow the wax to burn so that it melts across the entire surface to the edges and pools to the edges of the container.
- Try to always store your candles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Try to avoid burning candles for more than two hours in one sitting and ensure that your wick is always kept to 5mm long at all times.
- Once the wax falls below the 1.5cm mark, discontinue use.
- If your candle glass starts to blacken with use, remember to keep the wick trimmed. Also always wait until after the candle is extinguished and cooled before removing the black marks with a dry paper towel.
- In order to maximise fragrance scent throw in a room, keep doors and windows closed and burn for 30 minutes.
Candle Safety Rules
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or before going to sleep.
- Don’t place a burning candle within 60cm of clothing, books, curtains or anything flammable.
- Keep lit candles away from draughts, ceiling fans and any air currents. Any form of air current can cause uneven burning, smoking, diminish the scent throw and even decrease the burn time.
- Trim the wick to 5mm each time before the candle is lit. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Place candle holders on a stable, heat-resistant surface that is sturdy and large enough to catch any melted wax.
- Always read and follow manufacturers’ directions for use and safety, and extinguish a candle if the flame gets too close to the candle holder or container.
- Place burning candles at least 10cm apart from one another.
- A burning candle should not be used as a nightlight.
- A candle should not be burned for more than two hours at a time.
- Do not burn the candle if the container is cracked, chipped, scratched or damaged in any way.
- If the candle is burning correctly, it should be constant (not flickering), teardrop shaped and upright.
While every effort has been made to ensure accuracy and completeness, no guarantee is given nor responsibility taken by Sweet Dream Light for errors or omissions in this information and Sweet Dream Light does not accept responsibility in respect of any information or advice given in relation to or as a consequence of anything contained above. The above information is issued by Sweet Dream Light for guidance only and we acknowledge that other important precautions may be applicable and that are not contained in this document. Therefore we take no liability for the information contained above in any way, shape or form and we recommend that you seek further information from the relevant authority.
We are based in Sydney and we are available for pickups and local order deliveries only for now.
Get in touch with us if you need assistance to place and organise your custom order. We are here to help!